On Display: May Day!
May is here, so bust out the maypole and celebrate with some books. Try books with the word “May” in their titles, or authors with “May” in their names.
- May There Be a Road, by Louis L’Amour
- May, by Kathryn Lasky
- May the Road Rise Up to Meet You, by Peter Troy
- The Lost Summer of Louisa May Alcott, by Kelly McNees
- The Mayday, by Bill Eidson
On Display: Spring Has Sprung!
Spring might have officially begun in March, but it’s only just now starting to feel like it (at least where I live in Maryland). Celebrate the flowers and the beautiful weather with some springy things!
- Spring Fever, by Mary Kay Andrews
- Spring for Susannah, by Catherine Richmond
- A Promise for Spring, by Kim Vogel Sawyer
- Winter Turns to Spring, by Catherine Palmer
- It Happens Every Spring, by Gary D. Chapman
My display cases behind the circulation desk this month. Can you tell we’re ready for spring here in Maryland?
On Display: Thar She Blows!
Get into the nautical spirit with adventures on the high seas!
- The Horatio Hornblower series, by Patrick O’Brian
- Moby-Dick, by Hermann Melville
- Life of Pi, by Yann Martel
- Silver: Return to Treasure Island, by Andrew Motion
- We, the Drowned, by Carsten Jensen
On Display: March Forth!
March forth to your library on March 4th to try out a work of fiction inspired by the military.
- The Things They Carried, by Tim O’Brien
- Honor Bound, by W.E.B. Griffin
- You Know When the Men Are Gone, by Siobhain Fallon
- The Four Corners of the Sky, by Michael Malone
- The Last Blue Mile, by Kim Ponders
On Display: All Shook Up
Fall in love with a little something inspired by the King this month.
- Elvis in the Morning, by William F. Buckley
- Careless Love, by Peter Guralnick
- Curing the Blues With a New Pair of Shoes, by Dixie Cash
- Murder Boogies With Elvis, by Anne George
- If I Can Dream, by Larry Geller
On Display: Mardi Gras!
Fat Tuesday is right around the corner on February 12—why not celebrate by checking out a book set in New Orleans?
- The Delta Sisters, by Kayla Perrin
- The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder, by Rebecca Wells
- Bourbon Street, by Leonce Gaiter
- Jass, by David Fulmer
- The Unnatural History of Cypress Parish, by Elise Blackwell
On Display: Celebrate Chinese New Year!
Ring in the year of the Snake on February 10th with a work of fiction about Chinese culture.
- Peony in Love, by Lisa See
- The Language of Threads, by Gail Tsukiyama
- Pearl of China, by Anchee Min
- Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress, by Dai Sijie
- Gold Boy, Emerald Girl, by Yiyun Li
On Display: Paws to Read
Take a cue from our furry friends and relax wirth a good book this month.
- The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein
- Marley and Me, by John Grogan
- A Dog’s Purpose, by W. Bruce Cameron
- A Dog Year, by Jon Katz
- You Had Me at Woof, by Julie Klam
On Display: Stitch Your Way Into a Good Book
As winter creeps ever closer, warm yourself up with one of these cozy tales!
- The Lost Quilter, by Jennifer Chiaverini
- The Memory Quilt, by T.D. Jakes
- A Single Thread, by Marie Bostwick
- The Shadow on the Quilt, by Stephanie Grace Whitson
- The Goodbye Quilt, by Susan Wiggs